Film: Shaving my head for Womankind Worldwide
Back in 2012 I shaved my head to raise money and awareness for the charity Womankind Worldwide. The footage was somewhat held hostage for over a year by the filmmaker. We managed to get some of it, and my friend Philippa Young from What Took You So Long, kindly edited it together. Enjoy!
You can still make a donation to support Womankind Worldwide’s work at www.justgiving.com/Amisha-Hair
Thank you to everyone who has supported or donated this endeavour and the work of WomenKind Worldwide.
* Philippa Young from whattookyousolong.org for editing this film.
* Lacey Hawkins, hair stylist for giving her time, twice.
* Sarah Leslie for making The Big Snip film and Tobias Silvester for composing the music.
* Matt Bowyer (second part of film) and Laurence McKenna (intro to film) for shooting the headshave.
* Shoreditch House, Percy & Reed and Womankind Worldwide.
Big Snip – 27th July 2012
Head Shave – 17th October 2012
Interview one year on – 17th October 2013